The Coordinated Family and Community Engagement (CFCE) Program is supported by a grant from the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care and is administered by the Weymouth Public Schools.
There are five main goals of the CFCE program:
- Increase knowledge of and accessibility to high-quality early education and care programs and services for families with children prenatal through school-age;
- Promote parent education, family engagement and early literacy;
- Facilitate collaboration and community planning between local early education and care partners and other community stake holders, including parents;
- Provide support and information to families with children transitioning between and among early education and care settings, home and school; and
- Support early education and care programs across the public and private sectors in delivering high-quality services.
The CFCE provides families access to:
- Parent Education Workshops
- The Weymouth Child Family Community Center
- Annual Early Childhood Fair
- Community Resources including referrals
- Family literacy and school readiness activities;
- Family and community events;
- Parent leadership opportunities including participation in CFCE Council Meetings
- Parent lending library