Would you like to learn more about your child’s development?
The Weymouth CFCE offers a developmental screening called the ASQ (Ages and Stages Questionnaire). Parents and caregivers can call the Center to set up an appointment for a developmental screening. All screenings are free, confidential and a great way to assess your child’s development.
What is ASQ, exactly?
ASQs help families reflect upon and review their child’s strengths, interests, attributes and areas that may need support.
Here are the five important areas of development that each questionnaire looks at:
- Communication: Your child’s language skills, both what your child understands and what he or she can say.
- Gross Motor: How your child uses their arms and legs and other large muscles for sitting, crawling, walking, running, and other activities.
- Fine Motor: Your child’s hand and finger movement and coordination.
- Problem Solving: How your child plays with toys and solves problems.
- Personal-Social: Your child’s self-help skills and interactions with others.
The ASQ is quick and easy to complete. Families have a choice of completing the paper form on their own or sitting with a staff member. All scoring will be completed by a staff member with an opportunity for families to sit and discuss results. Appointments are required. Call or email the Weymouth CFCE to schedule an appointment for your child at 781-340-6098